For participants to be more aware and gain a deeper understanding of the long term effects on parenting of prolonged substance misuse.
- To gain a deeper understanding of the difference between problem and dependent substance use
- To gain a deeper knowledge of the effects of intoxication, and withdrawal on parenting skills
- To address attitudes towards parents who use substances
- To look at some particular conditions and effects (Foetal Alcohol Syndrome, Antenatal and Postnatal complications of some substance use)
- Exploration of physical, psychological and social development of the child with parents who use substances
- A brief look at some questions they may use in assessing the clients substance use and very brief look at some interventions
Full course list