Rachel Collins-White is the Head of Frontline Services at Unseen UK, an anti-slavery charity. She is responsible for the delivery of the Modern Slavery Victim Care Contract through their specialist support services. Unseen is a UK charity based in Bristol who provide safehouses and support in the community for survivors of trafficking and modern slavery. Unseen also runs the UK Modern Slavery & Exploitation Helpline and works with individuals, communities, business, governments, other charities, and statutory agencies to stamp out slavery for good.
Rachel has worked with on the frontline with various charities in the last 10 years, supporting the most vulnerable to access support needed to promote independence. Having joined Unseen in 2018, Rachel is responsible for the support provided at 2 safehouses and to survivors based in the community across the Southwest. To date, Unseen have supported 189 women at their women’s safehouse, 79 men at their men’s safehouse and over 385 survivors in the community. This work also includes safeguarding responsibilities, service improvement and collating evidence learnt from service delivery to inform system change.
We talk of the increasing awareness by bodies such as Unseen of the risks that vulnerable children and adults have to endure and the nightmare many end up in.
In concert with many world wide NGOs, charities, law enforcement and statutory bodies focussing on anti-slavery, UNSEEN has acumulated much experience and success although they would say that the task is great still.
Visit their site and take what information you can to help their work.
- https://slaveryfootprint.org/ a helpful tool to see how your lifestyle and consumer choices have contact with potential victims
- https://www.modernslaveryhelpline.org/ link to the helpline
- https://www.unseenuk.org/about-modern-slavery/download-the-app/ link to download the Unseen app
- https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/modern-slavery-national-referral-mechanism-and-duty-to-notify-statistics-uk-end-of-year-summary-2021/modern-slavery-national-referral-mechanism-and-duty-to-notify-statistics-uk-end-of-year-summary-2021 link for the most recent NRM statistics
- https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/the-nationality-and-borders-bill further information on the Nationalities and Borders Bill
Thanks as always to http://albadigitalmedia.com for technical support.by