For participants to be more aware and gain a deeper understanding of the effects of prolonged (dependent) alcohol addiction and misuse and methods of examining a whole family approach rather than the “drinker” in isolation.
- To gain a deeper understanding of the signs and symptoms of alcohol addiction
- To explore stigma and opinions of people using alcohol by the use of the individual frame of reference
- Use of self-developed or presented case studies as this is a practical day course to increase skills and confidence.
- Using basic principles of Social Behaviour Network Therapy develop individual skills for staff and coping strategies for young people dealing with a family member with alcohol issues
- Group discussion regarding the elements discussed based on the case studies and practical suggestions for people to take away.