Supervision Skills for senior staff working in regulated social care settings
This course provides an introduction to supervision skills to Registered Managers and senior staff working in regulated care settings.
- To improve the supervision and management practice of Managers and other staff who may have supervisory responsibility.
- To explore what is meant by supervision and the expectations of those who are being supervised including at different aspects of the Skills for Care Performance Management continuum.
- Explore the benefits of supervision and how it fits into a performance management framework.
- Increasing understanding of when and how to give appropriate constructive feedback to staff.
- Improve communication between senior staff and those they are supervising: assertiveness and listening skills, empathy.
- Formal supervision: contracting, setting agendas and record-keeping.