Guidance for Reflective Supervision
- To reflect on the importance of supervision, its impact of supervision on outcomes for children and key elements of effective supervision.
- To understand how to promote the effective analysis of information throughout the assessment and planning process.
- To use supervision to enable supervisees to critically appraise their practice.
- To distinguish between operational and reflective supervision.
- Participants will be able to reflect upon blocks to learning, development and safe practice. They will have a greater awareness of how to positively manage the impact of childcare work, enabling emotions to be used to enrich thinking and support safe practice.
- They will be able to develop strategies for supporting and developing staff that are blocked, whilst managing situations where safe practice is compromised.
- Participants will be able to consider their own situation in context with work demands.