Assessment, Critical Analysis and Evidence Based Practice
To develop critical analysis skills to inform an assessment report based on evidence.
- To understand the philosophy and principles of Children Acts ’89, 04, ECM and ‘Change for Children’ and how this legislation and policies are interpreted into practice.
- To re-visit themes and theories in child development
- To make full use of the assessment triangle as a tool for assessment
- To consider critical thinking and how to apply research findings
- To apply those skills in producing a balanced, informed and analytical report.